People have come to expect excellence when obtaining health care services. The goal of this presentation is to provide the leaders of Urgent Care Centers across the country tools and processes to create a patient experience that not only meets their patient’s expectations but surpasses them. After attending this presentation, attendees will be able to:
Describe the benefits of measuring patient satisfaction.
Identify and implement resources and tools to measure patient satisfaction.
Analyze the results of patient satisfaction surveys.
Identify and implement strategies to improve current patient satisfaction.
Explain how to hire and retain staff that will contribute to a positive patient experience.
Explain the importance of staff accountability and transparency to good customer service.
Following completion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the value the clinical services provided through thorough documentation.
2. Understand the flow and development of work product that supports level of service coding.
3. Identify the role of medical necessity in driving clinical work and documentation.
4. Review documentation "through the eyes of an auditor" and determine appropriate level of service.
5. Understand that there is nothing fraudulent in a difference of opinion over level of service.
At the conclusion of the literature review, attendees will have:
1. Identified new evidence in acute care diagnosis and treatment.
2. Reviewed selected articles that produce patient-oriented evidence that will change the way they practice.
3. Discussed how the literature from the other specialties can impact urgent care practice
4. Learned how to develop an approach to evaluating the quality of evidence in the medical literature.