The Hip Society / AAHKS Specialty Day Program at the 2016 AAOS Annual Meeting
The full-day program was presented on Saturday, March 5, 2016 in Orlando, FL by a world-renowned faculty of experts as 12 sessions covering a wide range of timely and relevant topics, including
- Direct anterior THA: controversies, data, and techniques in 2016
- Contemporary insights into unsolved problems in THA
- Strategies to speed recovery and decrease complications after THA
- Taper corrosion in orthopaedic devices—the newest knowledge
- The top three new and impactful findings from registries around the globe
- Is cross-linked poly now the bearing of choice?
Highlights include a case-based discussion on the state-of-the-art in complex primary THA by a panel of experts, The Hip Society's Scientific Awards, and presentation of The Hip Society's 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award. The Presidential Guest Speaker is Michael M. Morlock, PhD, Hamburg, Germany, speaking on "Taper Corrosion in THA: What Causes It and Why Are We Seeing It Now?"